1.1 Core rules
All rules that are in place on Moopler derive from a set of core rules that we, as the staff, take very seriously.
- Don't behave like an uncivilized Neanderthal;
- Respect other's work and attempts at making progress;
- Everyone is equal, with the obvious exception of moderators and administrators.
1.2 General rules
The following rules apply everywhere on Moopler, unless explicitly defined otherwise:
- Don't behave like an uncivilized Neanderthal. Effectively this means, but isn't limited to: discriminating, trolling, spamming, and scamming.
- Try to know what you're talking about when replying to a topic, question, or discussion.
- Posting or hosting warez isn't allowed, linking to such content is allowed.
- Don't involve Moopler in any fraudulent, unlawful, or heavily unethical activities.
- Partaking in MapleStory account stealing, hacking, cracking, or looting is not allowed. This is one of the few rules that, if broken, will result in a permanent ban and possible retaliation.
- Try to be as specific as possible when making a request or asking a question.
- Try to be as descriptive as possible when naming your topic, discussion, or question. Titles like "help", "what is this", or "request hack" are NOT descriptive.
- When a member is breaking the rules, use the report button to report them.
- We don't require you to post "thank you" or "disagree" when reading a topic, or downloading a hack or resource. Please use the like- or rating buttons.
- Keep your reply relevant to the topic of the discussion or question.
- The main language 'spoken' on Moopler is English, the use of any other language is discouraged.
- When giving criticism, try to be as constructive as possible.
- When receiving criticism, be open to it.
- Use only one account and adhere to sanctions handed out by the staff.
- No advertising without formal approval from an administrator.
- Respect credits and open source licenses.
- Try to honor spelling and grammar rules as much as possible.
- Respect your fellow forum members.
- *New* Do not PM members about generic hacking questions, such as how do I do x?
- *New* Please refrain from encouraging (new) members to PM others for help.
- Please refrain from causing unnecessary drama in the shout- or chatbox;
- The shoutbox is not the place to beg for help; if your question gets ignored or if the answers are not sufficient, create a topic in the relevant questions (sub)forum;
Many people think the shoutbox is the best place to describe the problem they're facing, it's quite the contrary. Posting a topic in the 'Questions' sub-forum of any category is a better solution, because of the following reasons:
- Creating a topic forces you to explain your problem in much greater detail and add useful information such as logs and images;
- Other members can read and help solve your problem when at a suitable moment for them;
- A discussion can be held on what solution is best, or if the problem you're facing is a problem at all.
*New* Frequently Asked Questions are barred from the shoutbox. Examples of these questions are:
- Is there a bypass?
- Is there a trainer?
- How do I hack?
(Downloadable) Hacks and resources
- Respect software licenses, open source licenses and credits when posting hacks or resources (that are not yours).
- Always provide a virus scan when posting downloadable content (with the obvious exclusion of pictures and other website components).
- Use the download manager as much as possible when posting downloadable content.
- Be clear and straightforward about the compatibility of a hack or resource. This includes MapleStory versions/regions and compatible operating systems.
- Packed- and or virtualized content is not allowed. Exceptions can be made in consultation with the staff.
- *New* Don't ask, beg or whine about updates or release of a hack or tool.
Trading, buying and selling of ingame items, accounts and services is not yet allowed on Moopler. Behind the scenes there is something being developed, for the time being it is not allowed.
- Donations are a token of appreciation for the existance of Moopler. In no way to they represent a trade or exchange.
- Due to the ridiculous fees PayPal enforces any donation under €3,00 will be blocked and or refunded.
- Donations do not grant you invincibility.
- Donations are non-refundable.
- Donations will be used for forum expenses only.