Moopler
Razz

Moopler News - February

Dear Mooplers,

This month some changes will be applied to Moopler.

New server

Moopler will migrate to a new server, hosted by a major Dutch hosting company. The reason behind this is the extremely fast infrastructure (AMS-IX), clear laws and regulations on online privacy and last but not least: automated full backups.

Compliance

I want Moopler to be in compliance with the Dutch laws and regulations on privacy and other related topics such as third-party cookies.

Staff expansion

As Moopler begins to get more and more active and starts attracting members who are new to hacking I could use an extra hand every now and then. Due to the technical nature of hacking there will be two types of moderators:

1. Community moderator

Community moderators are responsible for moderating the social aspects of Moopler. Their area of operation includes, but is not limited to: comments, reviews, gallery pictures, private messages, general misbehaviour, 'fights' and of course the shout- or chatbox.

2. Content moderator

Content moderators are responsible for moderating the 'downloadable' and 'usable' content posted on Moopler. Their area of operation includes, but is not limited to: downloads, scripts and tutorials. The focus of their work is mainly to guarantee the quality, safety, integrity and source of the content.

Trading

Recently I've been asked a lot of questions about a potential trading section on Moopler. I've thought long and hard about this and have decided to at least take a look at the implications of such a section on Moopler. Please do not consider this to be a promise.

Bitcoin

I have looked into the possibilities in regards to accepting bitcoin as a payment method for donations. For now it seems like it's a possibility.

• Like 6

How will you choose staff members and how do you ensure their capabilities within each individual task?

What do you need a staff for yet?

EDIT: members seem to be helpful enough for feedback.. for now.

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, Sprux said:

How will you choose staff members and how do you ensure their capabilities within each individual task?

I'm currently working on an application procedure and criteria a perfect candidate would have to match. The most important thing is that you agree with the core values/rules of Moopler:

• Don't behave like an uncivilized Neanderthal;
  • Respect other's work and attempts at making progress;
  • Everyone is equal, with the obvious exception of moderators and administrators.
43 minutes ago, Robert said:

What do you need a staff for yet?

EDIT: members seem to be helpful enough for feedback.. for now.

In terms of absolute numbers there isn't really a big need for it yet. However, one or two extra people that share my vision for Moopler will definetly make this place more active and can probably provide more specific help than I am able/willing to. I got quite a lot going on at the moment with school, work and extra courses, so my priority may not always be with Moopler.

While I support anonymity on the internet, for a trading forum to be healthy, there has to be some form of giving up that anonymity and revealing some sort of identity, so Moopler can setup a Do Not Trade.  

A good way similar to how GS checks for scammers is chat/trade via skype.  You can look them up on Skype Resolver and assess if they are either from a Blacklisted IP and/if associated with a different account from that blacklisted IP. Not an exactly foolproof way of trading considering IP changes and all that, but it has frequently caught scams and deterred many trades.

But considering what you could do to avoid these things, the general idea of giving some sort of identity to be able to trade. 

Edited by OuterHaven
  • Like 3