Moopler
Razz

Moopler Staff recruitment

Dear Mooplers,

As you may have noticed Moopler is nearing 800 registered members, a huge milestone in my books. With more members comes more responsibility and a higher workload. I can and wish no longer to be the only staff member on Moopler, therefore a few staff positions will become available in the coming few days. If you have the ambition and are willing to become a member of The Moopler Team, you can send me a PM in which you describe why you want this position and what makes you the best candidate.

The following job positions are open:

1. Community moderator

As a community moderator you are responsible for moderating the social aspects of Moopler. Your tasks include, but are not limited to:

• Enforcing the community guidelines where applicable;
  • Mediating in conflicts between members or other parties;
  • Helping users to the best of your abilities;
  • Help draft several internal policies for Moopler;
  • Moderating the various social aspects of Moopler, such as the chat- or shoutbox, forums, and downloads(reviews and comments).

As moderator you will be the public face of Moopler. In order to find the most suitable candidate for this position, there are a few skills and characteristics that the candidate must have:

• A problem solving and de-escalating approach to potentially inflammable situations;
  • Integrity is important to you;
  • Enthousiastic and energetic attitude;
  • Working proficiency level English;
  • Knowledge of MapleStory and the functioning of the hacking community as a whole.

2. Content moderator

As a content moderator you are responsible for moderating the 'downloadable' and 'usable' content posted on Moopler. Effectively this means that you are responsible for verifying the quality, integrity, safety and source of the posted content.

This position is more technical than the position of community moderator. The reason why this is segregated is because someone can be a very good community moderator, but suck at the technical aspects of a hacking community, severely limiting his or her effectiveness and abilities as a global moderator.

A content moderator is expected to:

• Enforce the community guidelines where applicable;
  • Analyze posted content on malicious behaviour or -functionality;
  • Verify software- and open source licenses referenced in projects and verify given credits;
  • Analyze the quality of the content and provide feedback where necessary.

In order to find the most suitable candidate for this position, there are a few skills and characteristics that the candidate must have:

• Analytical and curious mindset in regards to the various technical aspects of hacking;
  • Technical skills on a sufficient level
    • Experienced in a low-level programming language;
    • Experience with reverse engineering windows applications;
    • Aware of the various software security aspects.
  • Integrity is important to you;
  • Knowledge of MapleStory hacks and the functioning of MapleStory's features.

3. GFX Artist

Because Moopler is becoming more and more of a recognized name in the MapleStory hacking community it is time for some visual changes to the Moopler theme. For this I will need someone experienced in designing web related content. A GFX artist is expected to:

• Being able to come up with a coherent set of visual elements, which enhance the forum experience;
  • Being able to create a matching color scheme, fitting the theme of the forum;
  • Being able to create a simple and flat icon for Moopler, to be used as favicon, header icon, and icon in imagery and videos.

As the tasks of a GFX artist are only 'needed' for short amounts of time at irregular intervals the GFX artist will be rewarded with:

• a title as GFX artist for Moopler;
  • a monetary gift as token of our appreciation for his or her services;

Applications

If you're interested in one or more of these staff positions shoot me a PM in which you describe the following:

1. Which position you're applying for
  2. Why you're applying for this particular position
  3. What makes you the best candidate for this position

Sincerely yours,

Razz

• Like 3

It seems your need for a community moderator has increased, I have a lot of experience, let's have a chat to see if we can reach a desired salary to fix the flood of drama that has overtaken Moopler.

:troll:

Guest Jafel
4 minutes ago, Robert said:

It seems your need for a community moderator has increased, I have a lot of experience, let's have a chat to see if we can reach a desired salary to fix the flood of drama that has overtaken Moopler.

:troll:

You lack the qualifications. I have handed out more warnings, more bans and have told people to fuck off more often. I am positive I would be far superior. 

Edited by Jafel