Moopler
Robert

Introduction Robert's mod application

Name:
Robert

Favourite Subject:
Non-technological societal or psychological change. As a marketing student I study the art of reading people for commercial gain. I love learning more about people, the way they behave, how they react to certain events, why they act the way they do.
I could broaden this by stating that I also love history, storytelling, gaming, (team-)sports, and entrepreneurship (and anything involving working out your own projects, teamwork, etc).

Moderating requires time and dedication.
How long do you think you can put towards moderating each week?

I think I spend on average about an hour a day on Moopler, some days more, some days less. I would moderate during that time that I am active. I also check the forum multiple times a day out of habit, if there's anything that needs to be done, I would be able to notice it pretty soon.

Do you feel like you'll be able to continue in the months ahead?
I have been a member for nearly as long as the forum exists. Even though my interest in maplestory is not consistent, I still like hanging out on the forum, as there's more to Moopler than just Maplestory hacks. I will give you a solid yes to this question.

If you could change one thing about Moopler, what would it be?
One thing? I am always buzzing with ideas and thoughts and have a hard time of prioritizing one thing over the rest. I would say: give appreciation where appreciation is due. Include/add game-elements to the forum which stimulate posting quality content and contribute to the forum and community as a whole.

Why do you wish to be a moderator, and why do you think we should pick you?
I will start with the basics about me:
I am a marketing student currently entering my last year for my Bachelor degree. Everything in my major is done in projects and project groups. This is a trend that continues on the workfloor. I currently work as a jr. marketeer at a publisher in the Netherlands. Here too, working in teams is a common occurence. Working with people and for people has taught me valuable people and conversational skills. I know how it is to adapt yourself to the wishes of someone else, or how it is to properly explain your own wishes to someone who has to carry them out. The feedback I get from everyone I have worked with is that I am a pleasant conversationalist, I work hard and I have a mindset that is strong enough to withstand misfortune, general negativity, and opposition. I take pleasure in helping people out and I love to be able to properly give appreciation where appreciation is due.

Now to continue with the forum-specific reasoning: 
I have been an active member with a strong opinion and I am not afraid to voice that opinion. While I do believe that the strength of a forum lies with its memberbase, it is the staff that has the power to make a change. If I keep shying away from taking responsibilities while I continue providing the staff and forum with feedback and criticism, I should at one point learn that I might not be where I should be. I wish to be a moderator to have a better grasp on making improvements to the forum. I don't want to change Moopler, I want to improve us, as a community. A moderator does not just enforce rules, but does also act as a community member with more responsibility. That said, a moderator is at its best if they do not just act behind the curtains. Sometimes the best way to prevent an escalation of events is to engage in a conversation to hear what is wrong and act upon that. I love conversing with people and understanding their motives. This will help me solve existing problems between users or prevent them from escalating, instead of just postponing their quarrel until they are either not banned anymore or feel safe to continue.

Why would you pick me? (aka: tl;dr)

• I have been at Moopler for nearly 5 days.
  • I am prepared to be an active member for the foreseeable future.
  • I have Moopler' best interests at heart. (Which I have shown multiple times)
  • I do not differentiate between people who I am friendly with and people who I am not friendly with.
  • I am respectful at all times and speak fluent English. 

• I try to solve problems by engaging in conversation. If that does not work I will enforce the rules with the means that are given to me.
  • I have experience in working in teams and with people who depend on me (and with people I depend on).
  • I have my own opinions and am not afraid to voice them.
  • I value respect and mutual agreement.
Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

Welcome to the forum, Robert! Thank you for your detailed moderator application.

I will take this application in consideration and discuss it with the other staff. You will receive an email with the result of this consideration in approximately three days.

In the meanwhile you might want to study the rules some more.

• Like 1

If robert becomes mod, I will delete this account.

Do it, I want to see you deleting the guest account...

Name:
Robert

Favourite Subject:
Non-technological societal or psychological change. As a marketing student I study the art of reading people for commercial gain. I love learning more about people, the way they behave, how they react to certain events, why they act the way they do.
I could broaden this by stating that I also love history, storytelling, gaming, (team-)sports, and entrepreneurship (and anything involving working out your own projects, teamwork, etc).

Moderating requires time and dedication.
How long do you think you can put towards moderating each week?

I think I spend on average about an hour a day on Moopler, some days more, some days less. I would moderate during that time that I am active. I also check the forum multiple times a day out of habit, if there's anything that needs to be done, I would be able to notice it pretty soon.

Do you feel like you'll be able to continue in the months ahead?
I have been a member for nearly as long as the forum exists. Even though my interest in maplestory is not consistent, I still like hanging out on the forum, as there's more to Moopler than just Maplestory hacks. I will give you a solid yes to this question.

If you could change one thing about Moopler, what would it be?
One thing? I am always buzzing with ideas and thoughts and have a hard time of prioritizing one thing over the rest. I would say: give appreciation where appreciation is due. Include/add game-elements to the forum which stimulate posting quality content and contribute to the forum and community as a whole.

Why do you wish to be a moderator, and why do you think we should pick you?
I will start with the basics about me:
I am a marketing student currently entering my last year for my Bachelor degree. Everything in my major is done in projects and project groups. This is a trend that continues on the workfloor. I currently work as a jr. marketeer at a publisher in the Netherlands. Here too, working in teams is a common occurence. Working with people and for people has taught me valuable people and conversational skills. I know how it is to adapt yourself to the wishes of someone else, or how it is to properly explain your own wishes to someone who has to carry them out. The feedback I get from everyone I have worked with is that I am a pleasant conversationalist, I work hard and I have a mindset that is strong enough to withstand misfortune, general negativity, and opposition. I take pleasure in helping people out and I love to be able to properly give appreciation where appreciation is due.

Now to continue with the forum-specific reasoning: 
I have been an active member with a strong opinion and I am not afraid to voice that opinion. While I do believe that the strength of a forum lies with its memberbase, it is the staff that has the power to make a change. If I keep shying away from taking responsibilities while I continue providing the staff and forum with feedback and criticism, I should at one point learn that I might not be where I should be. I wish to be a moderator to have a better grasp on making improvements to the forum. I don't want to change Moopler, I want to improve us, as a community. A moderator does not just enforce rules, but does also act as a community member with more responsibility. That said, a moderator is at its best if they do not just act behind the curtains. Sometimes the best way to prevent an escalation of events is to engage in a conversation to hear what is wrong and act upon that. I love conversing with people and understanding their motives. This will help me solve existing problems between users or prevent them from escalating, instead of just postponing their quarrel until they are either not banned anymore or feel safe to continue.

Why would you pick me? (aka: tl;dr)

• I have been at Moopler for nearly 5 days.
  • I am prepared to be an active member for the foreseeable future.
  • I have Moopler' best interests at heart. (Which I have shown multiple times)
  • I do not differentiate between people who I am friendly with and people who I am not friendly with.
  • I am respectful at all times and speak fluent English. 

• I try to solve problems by engaging in conversation. If that does not work I will enforce the rules with the means that are given to me.
  • I have experience in working in teams and with people who depend on me (and with people I depend on).
  • I have my own opinions and am not afraid to voice them.
  • I value respect and mutual agreement.

And you know how to use Control + C and Control + V like a charm..

• Like 1

Ofcourse. Why would I bother typing up a great application when I can borrow Jafel's <3.

• Like 1

Ofcourse. Why would I bother typing up a great application when I can borrow Jafel's <3.

This is just stupid and can't be taken seriously.-_-

I shall allow it for once, as I agree with what you introduce yourself as; a troll. :troll:

• Like 1