Moopler
NewSprux2.0?

Feedback Possible usergroup - Contributor

Not sure which of these are already in our ability, but I'll just post a full list.

• Edit original post
  • Edit thread title
  • Delete spam-posts (let the developer decide what's healthy for his thread)
  • Edit spam-posts (to remove random garbage, but keep the useful contents of a post)

The first 2 should be already able to do for you.

• Edit spam-posts (to remove random garbage, but keep the useful contents of a post)

You could use the report button and write down what you would like to be removed or edited. 

But lets wait what @Razz think about this

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

The first 2 should be already able to do for you.

You could use the report button and write down what you would like to be removed or edited. 

But lets wait what @Razz think about this

It's an okay idea, because it is in his own threads, and it gives him more control over what he himself makes.

However I do agree editing replies is a bit overkill.

First of all I want to state that I really like this kind of feedback, as it gives me, and the rest of the staff, insight in what the wishes of the community are. That being said I think there are a few problems with the desired permissions as topic creator:

These two permissions remove the moderator out of the equation, which in my opinion puts too much power in the hands of a contributor. For example someone creating a scripts library would get the power to remove scripts that he would rather keep private, while it may not be up to him alone to decide. Reporting content should be the way to deal with these kinds of posts, as it allows you to motivate why you would like to see the post removed. The mods can then decide how to act upon it.

The other two permissions in regards to editing posts and editing titles should be available to you, but I will verify those two permissions.

• Like 3