Moopler
Naz

Criticism Moopler should not go ccplz 2.0

Hi,

I recently got warned for joking in a thread. It was not an attack on anyone, just having fun. CMON its a hacking forum..... We should not have to act as we are having tea with the queen. As long as we are not attacking some personal or causing to much drama it should be fine. It's just annoying to see that we have mods here that try to act like the ccplz mods.

@hippo, edit my text to ' we have kids here!  ' , shows that you are the kid here. It was as a joke, if you can't handle fucking jokes , you should go back to yo mama.......

@Razz Goddamit, make this a hacking forum instead of a "How does my hair look like forum".

NO CCPLZ 2.0 or RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

@DAVHEED RIOT?

xx

First at all, thanks for your feedback.

Let me explain my point of view:

- I think i can handle pretty well jokes, since i have a pretty dark humour. 

- Im not against having fun. You can use the chatbox for any point of fun, discussions etc. 

- IMO its okay to make jokes about hitler, jews, or any other subjects. I do it myself. But we have some quality standarts here at moopler. I know it was a joke, but how will this forum end, if all people post things like that? Where will be the limit? 

- I dont see myself as ccplz mod, since i dont act of arbitrariness. All given warnings have a reason. You can always pm me, if you have a problem with it or an other point of view. If you bring constructive arguments, i will revoke the warning. But i cant take arguments like:  " if you can't handle fucking jokes , you should go back to yo mama......." serious.  Its not my attention to attack you or blame you, but i dont like the situation, that the mods are always the bad guys.   

Guest Jafel
3 hours ago, Naz said:

Hi,

I recently got warned for joking in a thread. It was not an attack on anyone, just having fun. CMON its a hacking forum..... We should not have to act as we are having tea with the queen. As long as we are not attacking some personal or causing to much drama it should be fine. It's just annoying to see that we have mods here that try to act like the ccplz mods.

@hippo, edit my text to ' we have kids here!  ' , shows that you are the kid here. It was as a joke, if you can't handle fucking jokes , you should go back to yo mama.......

@Razz Goddamit, make this a hacking forum instead of a "How does my hair look like forum".

NO CCPLZ 2.0 or RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

@DAVHEED RIOT?

xx

As a former CCPLZ mod, I'll chime in. 

CCPLZ turned to shit due to 1) constant shitposting, 2) assholes trying to spam and 1-up each other, 3) people getting angry over ratings and comments, and reciprocating unnecessary. 

All of these things happened for a long time already, but they gradually got more commonplace when the other comments started to become less frequent. The increase happened in this order as well. While constantly shitposting was something our lovely Taku was a king at, it was not so much fun when others joined in. It detoriates the forum's content and gives other people the impression that it is okay to derail a thread or discussion. It serves no purpose other than trying to be clever, funny, or cool. You're basically getting angry over not being able to grow your e-penor. 

Shitposting eventually leads to spamming, 1-upping and shitty ratings. CCPLZ has had periods that can be described as turf wars, where several prominent members mass-rated and influenced forum content just to make others feel uneasy or to promote their own agenda. It's something that happens in any situation where the hivemind has plentiful opportunity to flourish. (Groupthink is something that can be dangerous and causes people to stop thinking critically and rationally. The increased cohesion means you are more likely to agree with people you like, without any rational basis)

Nazgul, you don't like it when things happen that you don't agree with. That's okay, nobody really enjoys that. Thing is, you might fare better if you go for a healthy conversation with the staff of Moopler (or CCPLZ, seeing as you have a problem with those mods as well). Making this public statement means that you don't want this solved, you are just looking to get bystanders. You just want to create a thought pattern that you can be important in. Please, for the love of any self respect you have, go for a conversation through private channels with the staff of Moopler next time. 

:love:Cheers

Edited by Jafel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jafel said:

As a former CCPLZ mod, I'll chime in. 

CCPLZ turned to shit due to 1) constant shitposting, 2) assholes trying to spam and 1-up each other, 3) people getting angry over ratings and comments, and reciprocating unnecessary. 

All of these things happened for a long time already, but they gradually got more commonplace when the other comments started to become less frequent. The increase happened in this order as well. While constantly shitposting was something our lovely Taku was a king at, it was not so much fun when others joined in. It detoriates the forum's content and gives other people the impression that it is okay to derail a thread or discussion. It serves no purpose other than trying to be clever, funny, or cool. You're basically getting angry over not being able to grow your e-penor. 

Shitposting eventually leads to spamming, 1-upping and shitty ratings. CCPLZ has had periods that can be described as turf wars, where several prominent members mass-rated and influenced forum content just to make others feel uneasy or to promote their own agenda. It's something that happens in any situation where the hivemind has plentiful opportunity to flourish. (Groupthink is something that can be dangerous and causes people to stop thinking critically and rationally. The increased cohesion means you are more likely to agree with people you like, without any rational basis)

Nazgul, you don't like it when things happen that you don't agree with. That's okay, nobody really enjoys that. Thing is, you might fare better if you go for a healthy conversation with the staff of Moopler (or CCPLZ, seeing as you have a problem with those mods as well). Making this public statement means that you don't want this solved, you are just looking to get bystanders. You just want to create a thought pattern that you can be important in. Please, for the love of any self respect you have, go for a conversation through private channels with the staff of Moopler next time. 

:love:Cheers

Razz ignores it so.

• Like 1

As this is a topic that resurfaces once in a while I shall share my vision on the matter at hand.

I (re)started Moopler because I was seriously fed up with how abusive other dominant forums were at that moment in time. The sheer amount of discussions and releases related to hacking were more often than not turned into a true cesspool of negativity. As an opposing force I founded Moopler again; a place for hackers to act like a hacker again.

The Community Guidelines resolve around three core rules/values, which stem from my displeasure with the other dominant boards:

1. Don't behave like an uncivilized Neanderthal;
  2. Respect other's work and attempts at making progress;
  3. Everyone is equal, with the obvious exception of moderators and administrators.

As you see the core values are very basic and common principles, to which everybody should be able to comply.

Of course Moopler has had it's fair share of drama and negativity, but I intend to keep this to a low minimum, even if this means that it's best for some members to not be a part of Moopler. As Abraham Lincoln used to say: "You either die a good forum, or live long enough to see yourself become a cesspool of negativity".

Furthermore I think Jafel did a pretty good job of describing the cause and effect of shitposting on a community, so I don't think it's necessary for me to write more on that matter.

TL;DR

Just keep it civil, relevant and fun.

P.S. If you wish to discuss your warning you should PM one of the staff members. I don't like public appeals.