Moopler
hippo

Good VB Tuotorials

Hey guys,

i wanna ask you if you know some good tutorials for visual basic?

2 days ago i thought it would be cool to learn to know some programming-basics. So i found some little tutorials, but having more sources is always better.

thanks in advance

I wouldn't recommend VB.Net as a starting point because of it's limited possibilities and 'unique' syntax. IMO it would be better to start with a language like C#, golang, nodejs(technically not a language) or python.

If you wanna start with something easy, go with Python.

If you want to understand a little bit better how shit works, and the fundamentals, start with C (+ ASM optionally, might be a good thing to know). JavaScript with node.js is fairly easy and provides nice functionality. C# is nice, but it doesnt cover some aspects of computer programming like other languages. Also check Rust, a very promising programming language, might be really hard for a beginner, though.

The first thing you might wanna do, is not listening to @Alon his advice, as I could make a 12 page rant out of everything that is wrong with his post.

Anyhow, the best alternative to VB.NET is obviously C#, the community is much larger and thus it will be easier to find tutorials for. Personally I used to develop in VB.NET years ago, but I made a switch to C# as some functionality (unsafe flag) did not exist and the syntax being a pain regarding Lambdas. I think it would be quite easy to switch over from VB to C# as they both run under the .NET framework, especially if you are not used to the syntax yet.

Also to start with, I wouldn't advice touching C or ASM like languages with a 20 feet long stick, while these are mostly extremely powerful, the also have the steepest learning curves.

vb6.

I'm pretty sure I still can write a working bot for any game on vb6.. *.*

Edited by xScriptZx

If you want to continue later on VB is the worst lg you can choose due to it syntax. i would recommend C++/C# or dephi (my favourite simple and powerful).

With most lg's you find there is always the "learn in 21 days" tutorials (can be found free all over the place also) and you have the "dummies" books which is really recommended

http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Visual-Basic-Complete-Training/dp/0672315122

Edited by Nickerian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nickerian said:

If you want to continue later on VB is the worst lg you can choose due to it syntax. i would recommend C++/C# or dephi (my favourite simple and powerful).

With most lg's you find there is always the "learn in 21 days" tutorials (can be found free all over the place also) and you have the "dummies" books which is really recommended

http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Visual-Basic-Complete-Training/dp/0672315122

i startet with c#. but thanks for your tip!