Moopler
Razz

Moopler "Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us"

Dear Mooplers,

As the end of 2016 approaches I would like to take a moment for some words on what has been and what will be.

The year 2016 has been quite the year in terms of unexpected events and decisions. The thing we all hoped for or feared has happened: MapleStory Europe has merged with MapleStory Global. This didn't take Moopler completely by surprise, but it was a game changer nonetheless; we had to adapt. Survival of the fittest.

We embraced the merge between Europe and Global and took it as an opportunity to develop the Moopler brand to a more mature one. In my opinion we have made some great progress in this aspect. Moopler is now a recognized name in the MapleStory Global (and Europe) hacking scene with a reasonably sized userbase.

However, we have to keep on distinguishing ourselves from the other communities in terms of content, policies and userbase. Only this way we can become a bigger and better community.

Staff members

With more members and more content comes more work for the Moopler Staff. This is why @OuterHaven joined the moderator team in the role of content moderator.

Aside from reflecting on what has been it's also good to look ahead for what is going to be in the coming year. In 2017 we will migrate the scripts library topic to a dedicated 'database' called "Scripts Library". This library allows any user to contribute scripts to the library, given that the script complies with the (quality) guidelines. I can show you a small preview of what it's going to be like:

Spoiler

Schermafbeelding 2016-12-30 om 14.11.13.png

Behind the scenes we are working very hard on new and unique content that will strengthen our position.

Commercial aspect

It has been brought to my attention that a lot of other hacking communities, not necessarily MapleStory related, have started or have expanded their commercial portfolio. I want to emphasize that Moopler is a community driven by and for the community. The vision hippo, OuterHaven and I have for Moopler is one without a commercial purpose.

Marketplace

The marketplace for in-game items, goods and services has been postponed until further notice. One of the biggest reasons for this is the volatile MapleStory economy and extra demographic due to the merge. We are not certain we can realize a sufficient level of security for our potential traders.

Last Words

Thank you all for being a part of Moopler. Remember, Moopler is only as good as it's members. I suppose it's safe to say that you guys rock :yay:!

Enjoy the holidays, stay safe and we hope to see you all in 2017!

Yours sincerely,

hippo, OuterHaven and Razz.

• Like 11

The huge advancements in emoticons should be mentioned as well. :lefaj: has played a significant role in communication and organizational culture. The values and behaviors that contribute to the unique social and psychological environment of Moopler have been appreciated. Moopler's expectations, experiences and philosophy can be expressed through these beliefs and customs, therefore they function as a part of our productivity and preformance. They provide guidelines as a prospect toward posts and services, product quality and security, social status and behavior, and resembles our goals and objectives as a framework.

Edited by Taku
  • Like 7