Moopler

So I'm currently building a Packet Library (extendable plugin for Packet Editor developers). With this, packet-editor development will be simplified tremendeously, and hopefully this will be the cause for some very advanced Packet Editor projects popping up.

I'm currently deciding what features to implement, so feel free to join in on the discussion. Imagine you were a developer, who was gonna implement a packet editor interface using this library. What would you want the library to do for you, and in what way?

For example: "I'd like to be able to inject packets, allowing me to choose between send/recv, and supply a payload." or "I'd like to be able to decide if the hooks are toggled on/off at a given time.".

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, sleeveless said:

Being able to open a .txt file containing packets that can be sent together. 9_9

Lol'd.

"Exploits pls."

• Like 1

Multiline packet sending is also something I always need in a PE wether it's loaded from a .txt file or just copy/pasting. It'd also be nice to be able to select multiple logged packets at once so you can copy or delete them etc. 

Also logging formatted packets can be nice for ease of use and being able to block certain packets NOT just by header, or atleast ignoring them. Because sometime I'm looking for a certain packet but there's alot of packets that I don't need with the same header. 

Idk if these things could be implented in the lib or if they just depend on what the developet does though. 

1 hour ago, Velocity said:

Multiline packet sending is also something I always need in a PE wether it's loaded from a .txt file or just copy/pasting. It'd also be nice to be able to select multiple logged packets at once so you can copy or delete them etc. 

Also logging formatted packets can be nice for ease of use and being able to block certain packets NOT just by header, or atleast ignoring them. Because sometime I'm looking for a certain packet but there's alot of packets that I don't need with the same header. 

Idk if these things could be implented in the lib or if they just depend on what the developet does though. 

Well, the primary focus of the library is to map out all the core-stuff, so developing a PE is easy peasy lemon squeezy.

It'll work something like this:

• Developer imports Packet-library.
  • Developer initializes Packet-library.
  • Developer sets a callback-function for events (packets sent, received, etc.).
  • Developer creates a GUI.
  • Packet library tells program when a packet has arrived, and allows the developer to show it however he wants. The packet-library will deliver a structure that contains raw data and formatted data, and probably a stringifier for easy-of-use.

Might be off topic, but the developer using the library should be the one implementing the multi line packet sending, innit?

What i would like to see is different colors/some sort of indicators for different packet data's, blocking packet headers, etc.

2 minutes ago, TricksterJoe said:

Might be off topic, but the developer using the library should be the one implementing the multi line packet sending, innit?

What i would like to see is different colors/some sort of indicators for different packet data's, blocking packet headers, etc.

Well, that's all up to the developer of the actual application. The library will return the packet-types with all the datas tokenized and split up and identified by type.

Just now, NewSprux2.0? said:

Well, that's all up to the developer of the actual application. The library will return the packet-types with all the datas tokenized and split up and identified by type.

I mean, if we are being honest, all you need to have in a packet library, is a way to log packets, send/recv packets, packet data (ALSO! an option to display packets formatted or raw), block headers.

Well, the packet-library wil give you all the packet data in a manageable structure and allow you to specify wether you want to block a header or not. How it's used it entirely up to the developer.

Good initiative, Sprux! I'll post my 2¢ when I am home tonight.

My  2¢

In my opinion such a library would need to offer the user (dev) the following:

• Packet rules based on headers
    • Ignore
    • Drop
    • Modify
  • Receiving packets
    • Formatted
    • Raw
  • Injecting packets
    • Incoming
    • Outgoing
  • Like 3

Maybe some on fly packet editing would be helpful for people.

You select a Packet header or a specific packet which you can randomize bytes (e.g. timestamps) on.

Once you are about to send that kind of packet you block it and send a pre selected one. It's probably more interesting with receive packets tho.

Packet-injection and parsing (with original headers) should be working now. Below is a showcase of sending the packet "013E __TIME__ 0x0000000A" which is the drop-mesos packet.

26716807a4ccf29c423946f9c0f7c50a.gif

• Like 5

On 19/05/2017 at 02:32, NewSprux2.0? said:

Well, the packet-library wil give you all the packet data in a manageable structure and allow you to specify wether you want to block a header or not. How it's used it entirely up to the developer.

I'm glad you starting this project, as a packet editor user, increase and decrease value command, a conversion tool for DEC to packet, hex

able to label opcodes unless you got this already, white list of opcodes.

it this will  generate all packet structure from a specific opcode?

18 minutes ago, ButterSmooth said:

And 1 year ._.

oh right im not in 2017 anymore

Oh Shit I got troll XD, the 5/18 date got me I tough was May 2018 for a moment.

Edited by Crypt707

8 hours ago, ButterSmooth said:

Stuck in the matrix :ohyou:

sometimes i forget which year i warp to

• Haha 1