Jump to content
Moopler
  • 1
Sign in to follow this  
db4206910

Question general programming question

Question

should i learn one of the c launguages before i start learning assembly. i mean i update almost any script but i feel like im missing a fundamental piece to this puzzle,when it comes to debugging i just dont know what to look for. if any other launguages are easier to learn and just as useful would appreciate input. also am mostly learning for moopler story

Share this post


Link to post

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Guest

@db4206910 you could learn python if you wanted to. All-in-all it doesn't really matter a whole lot. Unless your prime focus is to be as native as possible. In the past people always suggested to learn a language relative to what the game was coded in. For example, runescape: bots in java, game in java, private servers in java. However, this isn't 200X anymore. A lot of programming languages, tools, libs, and sdks have matured since then and can easily be ported between each other. It all depends on what language the developer really feels most comfortable in. 

If you want to scratch down ideas quickly maybe python or lua would be more comfortable. Both languages have supporting libs for process "hacking" and there are a lot of documents and guides online that you could look at.

If you really wanted to get into learning assembly a simple ASM 101 class or book about the concepts of machine code is all you really need to get started. Jumps will always be jumps, calls will always be calls, compares will always compare, loads and stores... I think you get the point.

The logic remains the same but the only thing that really changes is the syntax. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Like Ezekiel mentioned, there is really no perfect way of starting a right way, i can gurantee that most of us had to go and learn by ourselves, I always like sharing this link to people who first want to learn asm. just because it contains basic yet important information towards understanding asm..
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=95363

Personally, i started by updating scripts, and learned asm that way, then i tried bringing back old scripts. If u need help ask away :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I mean I don’t know ASM and I’m pretty new in coding on itself. But I started with Python. Being honest it wasn’t a choice I made myself, but more because Terminal’s scripter uses python. I’m omw to start learning cpp and eventually ASM. And python is pretty easy to start out with. But in the end it’s up to u

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/14/2018 at 15:14, Mehodin said:

I mean I don’t know ASM and I’m pretty new in coding on itself. But I started with Python. Being honest it wasn’t a choice I made myself, but more because Terminal’s scripter uses python. I’m omw to start learning cpp and eventually ASM. And python is pretty easy to start out with. But in the end it’s up to u

If you wanna learn more about ASM and reversing in general then read this

 

Reversing - Secrets of Reverse Engineering[A4].pdf

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 hours ago, NewSprux2.0? said:

I just saw "high level languages, C, C++, ..." in the table of contents, and instantly knew it was garbage, kek.

Absolute garbage to a person who has no reversing experience. 

Yes, yes I'm sure it's completely shit and won't teach a person who has zero experience anything at all

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, souna said:

Absolute garbage to a person who has no reversing experience. 

Yes, yes I'm sure it's completely shit and won't teach a person who has zero experience anything at all

There's a certain level of misconception here. Would you rather not learn or learn something wrong?

False information is hard to clear out and remove from your mind, but information you haven't yet received is easy to come by.

Just look at religious nutjobs all around the world. "God exists! The bible/quoran/torah is his holy writings!", while contrary to that, we know for a fact those books are written by people. People in search of influence to be more precise. Are you telling me that the invention of religion was good? That people who are still a plague to this world learned something since they had no experience?

Edited by NewSprux2.0?
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/29/2018 at 00:32, eliwhalen said:

This is a pretty decent free resource for x86 ASM: http://www.opensecuritytraining.info/IntroX86.html

Thanks i willl check it out. and thanks to everyone else who contributed to the topic. my hard drive went out on me and have been trying to get one to work, but all i had to format one was my brothers god damn chromebook. pieces of shit i tell you what

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/5/2018 at 18:47, Fameguy said:

Like Ezekiel mentioned, there is really no perfect way of starting a right way, i can gurantee that most of us had to go and learn by ourselves, I always like sharing this link to people who first want to learn asm. just because it contains basic yet important information towards understanding asm..
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=95363

Personally, i started by updating scripts, and learned asm that way, then i tried bringing back old scripts. If u need help ask away :)

cheatengine  forum  open the doors for me into asm, i'm still a noob but in progress of learning more.

they have some good noob friendly tutorials.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×